U Card Design Contest: Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary
- Contest Description:
The “2016 U Card Design Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the University of Utah (“Sponsor”). The contest will begin at 12:00 AM on April 4, 2014 and will close for entries at 11:59:59 PM on April 18, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). By entering Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official Contest rules (the “Official Rules”).
To be eligible, the entrant and nominee must be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry. Entries from teams of people will be permitted; any prize would be awarded to the team as a whole. No purchase is necessary. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries; such entries will not be returned.
- How To Enter:
Each contest entrant (each an “Entrant”) must complete the following to enter:
- Entrants can submit design entries online at www.ucardcontest.com by uploading designs through the online form.
- Please see section 7 below titled “Additional Submission Rules” for complete Entry requirements and prohibited content.
- Completing the foregoing will earn Entrant or Nominee an entry (“Entry”) into the Contest.
- Limit one Entry per Entrant or Nominator throughout the Promotion Period.
- All Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM MDT April 18, 2016.
- Once Entry has been submitted, Entrant and Nominee will receive an e-mail confirming submission. Sponsors shall not be responsible for garbled, corrupted, or otherwise lost or deleted Entries, whether as a result of human, technical or other error.
- Make sure to check the e-mail account used in connection with the Entry, as any winning notification and subsequent communication will be sent via e-mails. Entrants or Nominees who do not win will not receive notification.
- Read the Official Rules in full before submitting an Entry.
- Entries will not be returned. Upon submission, Entrants grant Sponsors a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use and modify the Entry, in whole or in part, for educational, commercial, or other purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use on any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- Winner Selection:
An internal committee will choose up to 10 designs. These designs will then be made available for online voting. The design with the highest number of votes will win.
There will be a total of three (3) Winners, each of whom will receive a prize. First Prize will be an IPad; Second Prize will be a $200 Campus Store Credit; and Third Prize will be a $100 Campus Store Credit.Sponsor will notify the Winners via phone and/or e-mail. Winners must respond via e-mail and/or as otherwise instructed to do so in the notification, within five (5) days of the date of notification, in order to confirm their acceptance. Winners must respond by sending a response e-mail to the staff member who notified Winner of the award by and completing and returning a signed affidavit of eligibility and a liability release form without modification.Tax Consequences. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes incurred by their participation in the contest. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one (1) year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any such winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Conditions and Limitations Apply:
- Sponsor reserves the right to edit Entry content, including, but not limited to, any photographical or video material comprising, in whole or in part, the Entry.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, including due to network failure.
- Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by Entrants for any purpose whatsoever.
- All Winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this Contest, the Winners acknowledge that Sponsor has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. Sponsor is not obligated to attribute Entry to the Entrant who submitted it.
- By entering this Contest, each Entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind (collectively, “claims”) arising from or in connection with the Contest.
- The Contest and these Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- An Entrant or Nominee is not a Winner unless and until Entrant’s or Nominee’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant or Nominee has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a Winner is determined to be ineligible, his or her prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among remaining eligible Entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to add to the Prize Packages should additional prizes become available.
- Additional Submission Rules:
By participating in the Contest and submitting materials (the “Materials”) you agree to and represent the following:
- You grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display the Materials in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, to identify you in conjunction with such uses of the Materials, and to incorporate them in other works, in any form, in any and all media now known or ever devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including, but not limited to, broadcast, streaming, broadband, outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing, and advertisement of Sponsor and any of its properties or programming services.
- You are authorized to submit the Materials, and you grant the rights in the Materials, as stated herein, whether or not Sponsor chooses to use the Materials for any particular purpose or at any particular time. You represent that you own all rights, title, and interest in the Materials or that you otherwise have authority to submit the Materials and to grant the license described herein. You represent that you have obtained all permissions, clearance, and releases from any third parties necessary to allow your submission, as set forth herein.
- You represent that the Materials do not contain material that is (a) unlawful, obscene, offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, pornographic, harassing, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or does or could give rise to civil liability or violate any law, rule, or regulation, or is otherwise objectionable; (b) non-public information about any company that you are not authorized to disclose; and (c) an advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity, or other unsolicited commercial communication; (d) otherwise in poor taste or not appropriate for use in a classroom, at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Any Materials containing any of the above will be automatically disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
- You agree not to make any claim against Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, and assigns as a result of your participation in this promotion, any use of or decision not to use the Materials or part of them, including, but not limited to, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity, or both.
- You understand that, other than the opportunity to enter this Contest, you will not be paid any money or receive any other consideration or form of compensation for giving Sponsor these rights. You further understand you will not be reimbursed for any costs you may have incurred in connection with submitting the Materials.
- You represent that you are at least 18 years old at the time you submit your Entry and otherwise satisfy the Entry and Eligibility Requirements described in these Official Rules.
- Privacy: Any information collected in connection with this Contest is solely for the purpose of Contest administration and will be collected, used, and maintained as indicated at the time of collection.
- Request for Winners List and Official Rules: Requests for Winners List and/or Official Rules can be made to email@example.com.
- Disputes: This Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of UTAH. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be made individually and in no event in the form of a class action, and shall be made in the applicable state or federal court in the city of SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH without regard to any conflicts of law principles.