Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
The COVID-19 pandemic is changing how we live our lives. The new normal for the U community—faculty, staff, and students alike—is Zoom video conferencing. However, while you are physical distancing, one thing doesn’t have to change: you can stay connected to the U by using a University of Utah Zoom “Virtual Background.” Several options can be downloaded below. If there is a U background you’d like to see, contact us and we will add it to the list of options.
Huntsman Cancer Institute
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR U BACKGROUND
Save a background
- Right click on any of the backgrounds below and choose "Save Image As" to save it to your computer.
Add a background(s) to Zoom
- Go to Zoom at Zoom.us, join an existing meeting link or open the desktop application on your PC or Mac.
- If you do not have Zoom loaded onto your computer you can download it below.
On a Mac when you start or enter a Zoom meeting press your “Command key ⌘” and “comma ,” a window will pop-up with the menu option “Virtual Backgrounds” menu option on the left.
On a PC when you start or enter a Zoom meeting click the “up arrow” next to "Stop Video" and select "Choose Virtual Background" menu option.
Mac & PC
- Click on the “Virtual Background” menu option and then click the "+" next to "Choose Virtual Background" to select the U background that you saved to your computer.
- Be sure to uncheck the "Mirror my video" box option under Video Settings.
Make sure to position yourself against a solid-colored background. (Note: Higher quality cameras result in a better virtual background effect.) Please refer to the Zoom Help Center if you experience any issues.